Friday 3 January 2014

Believing in 2014



Lying in bed on the last morning of 2013, I was listening to the rain falling heavily and could have sworn it was the early hours as it was so dark. My daughter woke up snapping at me and I thought that it was going to be a rather gloomy end to the year.  To be fair, the weather didn't make me want to rush to get up and I was rather lacking in motivation. But as I looked back on the year and all it's ups and downs, I can see that there is a lot to be motivated about in 2014.

The last evening of the year turned out to be perfect.  So perfect in fact that I didn't take any photos. I've been kinda happy this festive season to live in the moment rather than capturing it on camera and I've really enjoyed being relaxed and taking everything in, rather than looking for the next photo opportunity. I could recap 2013 with so many memories, there were the ups such as taking Megan to her first proper concert, the look of pure joy and excitement on her face and the heartbreak of broken down relationships, of being diagnosed with a lifelong, chronic illness. But if I was to sum it up, the year was about acceptance, realisation and growth. 

2013 ended well, I've reconnected with my best friend, my soul mate, the person who believes in me and just 'gets me'. Whatever it's form, that's a pretty speci relationship to have but it got lost somewhere along the way in the business and complexities of our lives.

2014 is all about moving forward, building on last year and 'believing'. I achieved five out of seven of last years resolutions, which is a fantastic achievement. This year however, I'm not making resolutions as such. It is going to be a year full of difficult challenges, which will take a lot of strength, but by the end of the year I hope to have come through it and be in a more settled and content place. In order to achieve this I need to grow as a person and believe a lot more. Believe in myself, my decisions, my capabilities and those around me. I have already grown a lot as a person but this challenge of believing will take me out of my comfort zone. It is time to tackle the thoughts that have been inside my head for so long and show the courage to reach out for those things I truly want.

How was your New Year? Have you set any goals for the year ahead? 

Amy-Louise
xx 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, what a lovely, honest post. I really like that you didn't take photos, as you were enjoying yourself so much - that's such a lovely thing! Here's to a wonderful 2014! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx